Black cabbage with taggiasca olives
Black cabbage with taggiasca olives is a typical Tuscan side dish prepared with steamed or boiled black cabbage and sautéed in a pan with oil, garlic and chilli.
It is a cabbage with very dark leaves that is traditionally harvested after the first winter frost. Used in famous dishes such as ribollita and cauliflower, in this case we present it as an outline simply ironed in a pan, a preparation technique that in Tuscany is also used with vegetables such as chicory, spinach and beets … all to be tried!
Do you know that with this vegetable you can also make a very good first?
And if you like these flavors too, try the cauliflower gratin: exceptional and here are many other recipes with really tasty black cabbage!
I added the taggiasca olives to improove the flavor of this vegetable which tastes a bit ‘bitterish.
The black cabbage is perfect with main courses of meat, but it is also an excellent base for preparing omelettes, pies, laid on slices of bread with bruschetta.
- 400 gr of black cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olives oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- chili pepper
- taggiasca olives
1. Clean the vegetable by removing the hard ribs, taking the fleshy green part with one hand and remove the coast with the other hand.
2. Rinse well with water several times.
3. Boil in hot salted water for 15 minutes.
4. Unstick well in a collar.
5. Prepare a sauté with garlic and chilli oil, add the taggiasche olives and finally add the previously boiled and unglued cabbage.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes and season with salt.
7. When is cooked, the black cabbage must be dry and seasoned.
8. Serve the cabbage with taggiasca olives and extra virgin olive oil.