The chocolate cantucci, are a super tasty variant of the classic Tuscan cantucci with almonds.
You can also add sultanas that go well with chocolate, or replace the lemon peel with orange peel.
Use the same recipe to make classic almond noodles replacing chocolate drops with almonds.
Serve them with vin santo.
- 200 Gr flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 150 Gr chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Peel of 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
1. In a bowl place the flour in the center.
2. Create a hole with your hands and add the eggs, sugar, salt, grated lemon peel, baking powder and vanilla extract.
3. Knead first with a fork, then with your fingertips. 3. Knead first with a fork, then with your fingertips.
4. Now add the chocolate drops and mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
5. Divide the dough into 2 long loaves and place them on the baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Put them a little away from each other, because when they cook, they will spread out so they don’t stick together.
6. Bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and still hot, cut the loaves into slices 1 -2 cm wide diagonally.
Turn the biscuits over with the cut side upwards.
8. Bake again at 150 degrees for another 10-15 minutes to dry and become more crunchy.
9. Serve the chocolate cantucci with vin santo.