Russian salad easy recipe step by step is an excellent appetizer, having meat as an ingredient ,can also be used as a main dish.
Let’s see how to prepare this tasty and tasty salad of cooked and raw vegetables.
Ingredienti for 8 persons:
- 10 potatoes
- 8 medium carrots
- 500 Gr meat (chicken or beef)
- 300 Gr peas
- 4 eggs
- 1 jar sweet pickled cucumbers
- 1 jar of pickled peppers
- Sweet mustard
How to make russian salad recipe
Process for making russian salad:
1.Lets start to prepare the russian salad:
First take a pot and boil the whole potatoes, washed and peel, carrots and chicken breast.
Boil until the vegetables are soft and then let cool.
In another pot boil the peas, and separately boil 2 eggs, the other 2 serve only the yolks.
Make everything cool.
2. Cut the vegetables and the meat into small cubes, placing everything in a large pot or bowl.
3. Cut the cucumbers and peppers into small cubes, squeeze them well before adding them to the other ingredients.
4. Add all the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
5. We proceed to prepare the mayonnaise:
- 2 boiled eggs
- two egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sweet mustard
- Juice of a lemon
- Seed oil
Boil 2 eggs until they are firm.
In a bowl we put the two boiled eggs and the 2 egg yolks, and a pinch of salt.
Start pouring the oil drop by drop, mixing the ingredients with a whisk or a wooden spoon, stirring well before adding the other oil.
3. As soon as the mixture has thickened, add more oil, a splash of lemon juice and a bit at a time the mustard.
Alternate oil and lemon to exhaustion, so that you will not get a well whipped cream.
6. Add the mayonnaise prepared previously to the diced vegetables, also add the boiled peas, stir and add the mayonnaise.
7. Transfer the Russian salad to serving dishes, let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Curiosity of russian salad:
Russian Salad is known by several names such as “Ensalada Rusa” or “Olivier Salad” or “Salad Olivieh”. This is a simple salad invented in the 18th century by Lucien Olivier and widely recreated throughout Eastern Europe. Over the course of the centuries, different regions of Eastern Europe have developed their own variations of this salad but few core ingredients are common to them all: potatoes, eggs, carrots, pickles, onions, peas, and a mayonnaise-based dressing.