Linguini cacio e pepe-pecorino cheese and pepper
Linguini cacio e pepe is a typical Roman recipe, of peasant origin, it is considered a poor recipe of pure simplicity.
With a few ingredients you will make a delicious dish.
Yet it takes a few ingredients, it is not easy to prepare it, it takes some tricks for its success.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 350 Gr linguine
- 200 Gr pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking water
How to make linguine cacio e pepe – with pecorino cheese and pepper
1. Put a saucepan with water on the heat, as soon as the water boils , salt and add the linguine to be cooked al dente.
You must drain the pasta a couple of minutes before cooking, as you will finish cooking in the pan.
2. Meanwhile, grind the peppercorns and place them in the pan to toast over low heat.
3. Grate the pecorino cheese, put it in a bowl and add a couple of ladles of pasta cooking water, turn until a smooth cream is formed.
4. Then squeese the linguine and place it in the pan with the toasted pepper, add a couple of ladles of the cooking water, turn and continue cooking the pasta
5. When the pasta is cooked, add the pecorino creamy sauce prepared a little earlier and turn until the creamy sauce begins to thicken, if necessary, add more cooking water.
6. Serve the linguini cacio e pepe with pecorino cheese and pepper and serve immediately, sprinkling with ground pepper
1. Use the water you usually use to boil pasta, so it will be richer in starch.
2. It is only necessary to add salt after the water has boiled and only then can you add the pasta.
3. The more the pecorino is seasoned the higher the temperature of the water must be, so that it melts.
The opposite, if the pecorino is not very seasoned it will become too liquid.
So the quantity of cheese and hot water to be used must be dosed well.